- Working with hoisting and jacking equipment, power tools, measuring instruments, gauges and meters, and lubricating equipment.
- Building and assembling machines or mechanical components according to requirements.
- Inspecting machines, engines, transmissions, etc. and running diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues.
- Conducting repairs aiming for maximum reliability.
- Assisting in shop housekeeping functions such as maintenance scheduling and spare parts inventory control.
- Making estimates of material, labor, and equipment requirements.
- Keeping routine work records and inventories.
- Performing related work as required.