Why Should I Consider Performing Roof Preventative Maintenance with Warren Roofing®?
The water tight condition of your roof, and its ongoing reliable performance is the most readily cited reason building owners and management care about their roof and its condition. Still, an asset like the roof, which is out of sight and is not typically a “performing “asset”, is often looked.
There are additional reasons why the condition and maintenance of your roof is important:
1. Water leakage often disrupts inside operations and costs time and money to “work around.”
2. Water leakage can contribute to safety hazards such as slips and falls, electrical concerns, or employee distraction.
3. Water entering the roof causes “permanent” damage to the roof insulation “R” value and diminishes the buildings energy efficiency.
4. Water trapped within the membrane often causes accelerated membrane wear due to blistering and entrapped moisture.
5. Stopping current leakage stops the ongoing damage to the underlying roof deck structure and adjoining construction elements like walls and windows.
6. Initiating Preventative Maintenance prolongs the expected life of the roof and avoids premature failure.
7. Avoids unnecessary costly repairs to “protected” elements like the roof structure or interior operations like machinery or inventory.
8. Mitigate development of molds and mildew that adversely affect interior air quality.
What Should I Expect Will Occur in Roof Preventative Maintenance performed by Warren Roofing®?
The initial Phase 1 consultation Survey with a Warren Roofing® professional provides these (5) values:
1. Provides a cross section view of the roofing system from the interior roof deck through to the roof surfacing. Establishes type, thickness, and composition of the roofing that protects the building.
2. Establishes the overall condition of the roofing system, by components of the roofing assembly that includes: insulation, membrane, flashings, roof penetration flashing, accessories on the roof, and any safety concerns on the roof that are obvious to a roofing professional.
3. Establishes any areas that need immediate repair, AND their cost to repair, based on current or past water leakage, visible damage, improper roof alterations, or normal roof wear and tear.
4. Ongoing Cost to Provide Preventative Maintenance this roof based on having performed the “critical” items discovered in #3 above.
5. Provides a clear directive to stop current leakage and ongoing damage to the roof system and the structure of the building.
What Benefits I Should Expect Will Occur from following Roof Preventative Maintenance recommendations with Warren Roofing®?
The benefits for having a well maintained roofing system are numerous and considerable:The benefits for having a well maintained roofing system are numerous and considerable:
1. Avoiding leakage that will damage product, interrupt operations, create safety issues, and cost money.
2. Avoid unnecessary damage to structure and walls that is costly to repair.
3. Establishes on-going record keeping that:
a. Complies with all roofing manufacturers’ requirement for their extended “long term” labor and material warrantees.
b. Improves insurability with business Property and Casualty coverages.
c. Improves building asset appraisal value for real estate market value and bank asset requirements
4. Shares active knowledge for preparing for major expenditures that can be expected
5. Avoids surprises and difficult financing problems
6. Develops personal contact and partnership with trusted roofing company over time.
7. Insures priority service during storms and periods of weather emergencies.
The reliable performance of your roofing system is an important aspect of your operations that is often overlooked. The expenses involved in fixing or replacing your roofing go well beyond what many owners would expect or are prepared for. Maintaining a roof carries a minimal expense … compared to the cost of premature roof replacement … and often extends the service life of a roof… thereby delaying major expenditures. Good, Proactive Management does not leave things “to chance” in the success of their facility or operations.
There is no better time than NOW to contact a professional at Warren Roofing® about the minimal start-up costs of Initiating Preventative Maintenance on your facility. It will be one of your best decisions in 2018 to remove “Chance” from your valuable building asset and operations.